Simms is utilizing the combination of ICAST and IFTD in Las Vegas this month to unveil a major launch for the 2014 season with new products in almost every category.
For 2014, Simms introduced a redesign of its industry-leading G3 Guide Stockingfoot with the exclusive-to-Simms GORE-TEX 5-layer fabric and re-imagined wader upper and Tippet Tender. Simms also introduces the new Headwaters Convertible Stockingfoot-perfect for lightweight comfort with 3-layer GORE-TEX and innovative conversion from waist high to chest high wader-and the industry’s best pant wader, the G3 Guide Pant.
* The new Simms G3 Guide Stockingfoot has been updated to utilize the more breathable GORE-TEX 5-layer fabric found in the G4 styles. The GORE-TEX 5-layer, exclusive to Simms, offers fantastic durability from the mid-thigh down. With a redesigned front pocket that provides additional storage capacity and stormflap closures, new removable flip-out Tippet Tender and built-in profile belt loops, the G3 Guide receives its first facelift since 2008.
* The new G3 Guide Pant features an updated waistband construction with integrated belt looks and high-quality 2″ elastic belt. The double snap closure at the front waistband and YKK Aquaseal waterproof fly zipper allow for easy-on and off. The water-resistant zippered right hand pocket allows easy access to oft-needed gear. This is the perfect wader for the angler who doesn’t need to wade too deep in pursuit of their catch.
* The new Simms Headwaters Convertible Stockingfoot incorporates lightweight 3-layer GORE-TEX throughout with reinforced fabric in the front leg panel for added durability. The new convertible upper features an innovative zip extension system at the waist to easily convert from waist high to chest high. The Headwaters™ Convertible Stockingfoot provides convenience, breathability and light weight for warmer conditions.
This fall and winter, Simms adds to its venerable line of fishing outerwear. The Acklins Jacket combines 3-layer GORE-TEX fabric technology with thoughtful and angler-specific features in a design perfect for warm weather conditions. The Slick Jacket (part of Simms’ Fall 2013 line) is an innovative jacket that features GORE-TEX Pro Shell fabric and 2 large chest pockets with amble fly box and gear storage compartments. The ExStream Jacket and Pant (part of Simms’ Fall 2013 line) provide maximum warmth and comfort for those colder days by combining the superior loft and compressible PrimaLoft Synergy insulation and a rugged 70 denier exterior fabric. Complete with a removable insulated hood, the ExStream Jacket will be your go-to insulation piece.
* The new Acklins Jacket combines 3-layer GORE-TEX fabric technology with a new fit designed for warm weather, less layering and improved mobility. The Acklins Jacket comes complete with mesh-lined hand pockets with 2-way zippers that provide easy access while allowing for venting and a low profile bellow zippered chest pocket. The 3-point cinch storm hood with drop color and extended length provide maximum protection against the elements.
Simms is proud to announce 4 new collections of Sportswear for 2014. The G4 Collection includes the fish-techie Taimen TriComp LS Shirt and the GT TriComp LS Shirt. Both incorporate advanced design features such as TriComponent construction, Action Back Patterning and UPF50 coverage. The Arapaima Pant from Simms complements these shirts with durable nylon fabric, articulated legs, cargo pockets and UPF50 protection. The Simms Guide Series collection features new-for-2014 shirts and shorts including the redesigned favorites the Guide LS Shirt and Ultralight LS Shirt and newcomer Grand Slam LS Shirt. All withstand the demands of marathon fishing sessions and seasons in flux, hard-core and casual anglers will appreciate built-to-last engineering, as well as fishing-specific features and accessories. Simms’ expanded line of Solarflex offerings includes the Currents Hoody, Waypoint LS Crewneck to accompany favorites like the Solarflex LS Shirt and the redesigned Surf Short. All combine at least UPF30 protection and COR3 technology.
* The G4 Collection uses technically advanced materials for bolstered durability, and comes equipped with UPF30 to UPF50 ratings to combat harmful UV rays during extended sun exposure. Designs include feature-loaded architectures, and demonstrate cutting-edge construction techniques-such as TriComponent and Action Back Patterning.
o The new Taimen TriComp LS Shirt features innovative TriComponent design (durable nylon, knit panels and stretch woven pockets) with COR3 technology and Cool Control. Two laser cut and welded, zippered chest pockets and two additional mesh backed, fly box compatible, zippered chest pockets stow away gear. The cording tab and hypalon tab are perfect for securing tools while the convenient sunglass cleaning chamois at the hem is easily accessible and “Action Back” patterning allows for easier casting and rowing.
o The new GT TriComp LS Shirt features innovative TriComponent design (durable nylon, knit panels and stretch woven pockets) with COR3 technology and Cool Control. Two laser cut and welded, zippered chest pockets pockets stow away gear while the the cording tab and hypalon tab are perfect for securing tools. The convenient sunglass cleaning chamois at the hem is easily accessible. “Action Back” patterning allows for easier casting and rowing.
o Simms’ Arapaima Pant is made of durable, nylon fabric that is quick-dry, wicking and UPF50. Two zippered cargo pockets and two zippered back pockets provide ample storage and the cording details and hypalon tab also secure tools and keys. The articulated knees and brushed tricot waistband lining provide additional comfort in this high performance pant.
* The Guide Series Collection includes many of Simms’ staple products-from high-performance shorts and pants to technically advanced fishing shirts that fight UV, breathe with aplomb and help regulate core temperature for cutting-edge comfort. Built to withstand the demands of marathon fishing sessions and seasons in flux, hard-core and casual anglers will appreciate built-to-last engineering, as well as fishing-specific features and accessories.
o The Ultralight LS Shirt features lightweight, ripstop fabric with mechanical stretch (UPF30), two zippered pockets, laser cut venting and extended sun cuffs for additional protection against the sun.
o The BugStopper LS Shirt features Insect Shield designed to provide long-lasting, effective and convenient personal insect protection. Two zippered fly box pockets stow away fly boxes and gear for easy access. The extended sun cuff provides additional sun protection on this UPF50 shirt.
o The new Grand Slam LS Shirt provides UPF30 sun protection incorporated in the lightweight, durable and quick-dry fabric. The innovative sunglass cleaning chamois is built-in to the shirt’s hem for ultimate in convenience. The two chest pockets are mesh backed for additional venting and the extended sun cuff provides additional sun protection for the back of the hand.
o The revamped Stone Cold LS Shirt features Cool Control fabric technology that absorbs and dissipates heat and provides a cooler, more comfortable shirt ideal for warmer fishing environments. Two fly box compatible, zippered pockets allow for easy access to gear. UPF30.
o The redesigned-for-2014 Guide LS Shirt features durable, quick-dry, wicking UPF50 nylon fabric. The two pleated, fly box compatible chest pockets and two hidden, mesh backed zippered pockets, internal license pocket and accessory loop provide easy access to all of you gear. The new integrated sunglass cleaning chamois at the hem means no more searching for a cloth to clean your shades. Vented, mesh lined back panel wicks moisture and promotes air flow.
o The 2014 Ebbtide LS Shirt is comprised of lightweight, ripstop fabric and two fly box compatible chest pockets with hook & loop closure. The vented, mesh lined back panel works to wick moisture and promotes air flow. The extended sun cuff helps provide additional protection on this UPF50 shirt.
o The Guide Pant and Guide Short offer UPF50 protection, quick-dry, wicking fabric and enough storage for a day out on the water. The Guide Pant features knee articulation for ease of movement.
* Simms’ expanded line of Solarflex offerings continues to deliver ultimate sun protection, bolstered by technically superior designs that fit and perform flawlessly for all on-the-water applications. Solarflex products come equipped with Simms COR3 technology, UPF30 and UPF50 ratings. They also feature comfort enhanced fabrics and flat seam construction which means these styles perform under simmering heat.
o The new-for-2014 Currents Hoody offers sun protection with COR3 fabric technology – wicking, antimicrobial, UPF30. Flat seam construction means maximum comfort while the shirts full hoody provides for full protection from the sun. The mid-weight fabric is perfect for moderate climates.
o The 100% polyester Waypoint LS Crewneck features Simms’ COR3 fabric technology-wicking, antimicrobial and UPF30. The raglan sleeve design provides unrestricted movement and the higher backed collar protects against sun exposure.
o The new Solarflex LS Crewneck Shirts feature an updated fabric with a new UPF50 rating for maximum comfort and sun protection on and off the water. COR3™ technology also wicks moisture and is antimicrobial. The raglan sleeve design provides unrestricted movement and the higher backed collar protects against sun exposure. Available in prints, Simms’ Graphic Series and solids.
o The new Skiff Short features quick-dry, durable, wicking fabric with UPF50 sun protection. Mechanical stretch in the fabric provides extra comfort, while the side and rear zippered pockets stow away gear securely. Non-corrosive, plastic front closure means no corrosion in salt water.
o The popular and redesigned Surf Short encompasses classic surf short designs like gusseted front, adjustable waistband and tie closure with a hook & loop fly. The zippered, fly box compatible left leg pocket with tool loops and right leg cargo pocket provide ample storage for a day on the water.
* Several new shirts in Simms’ Off-Water collection feature technical properties such as wicking and UPF30 sun protection, but the design lines and feature sets cater more toward casual quests. All of these stylish and functional shirts feature UPF30 protection.
o The Montana-inspired Big Sky LS and Big Sky SS Shirts feature soft, comfortable fabric with UPF30 sun protection. The internal license pocket, accessory loop in right chest pocket and sunglass stowage in left chest pocket keeps gear properly stowed. Vented, mesh line back panels allows for moisture wicking and promotes air flow.
o Simms’ Transit LS Shirt is a 100% Cotton shirt with anti-wrinkle EZ finish. Two pleated chest pockets can accommodate fly boxes while the license and passport holders in the chest pockets and sunglass storage opening in left pocket keep things in order. UPF30.
o The new Long Haul SS Shirt is the ultimate travel shirt to wear en route to your favorite fishing destination or after a long day on the water. With UPF30 sun protection and off shoulder seaming, the Long Haul SS Shirt will keep you active and protected on the water.
o The redesigned Morada LS and SS Shirts take advantage of a lightweight fabric with Teflon stain-resistant finish. UPF30, the Morada has a fly box compatible chest pockets and off shoulder seams for added comfort.
o The new for 2014 Cuda LS and SS Shirt combine classic American workwear styling with modern fabric treatments and storage options to make this shirt an excellent choice for activities on and off the water. Two button-secure chest pockets and one zippered pockets provide secure storage. UPF30.
o Simms’ Espirito SS Shirt features a soft cotton blend fabric complete with wicking and UPF30 sun protection. Simple one button-secured chest pocket and one zippered chest pocket keeps gear handy. UPF30.