Following more than 293,000 record-setting votes cast online, Sportsman Channel announces the finalists for the 2014 Sportsman Choice Awards, the network’s viewer choice awards program. Viewers had the opportunity to vote for one show per category with winners to be announced on Wednesday, January 21 at the Sportsman Choice Awards ceremony, held annually in Las Vegas during the SHOT (Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade) Show.
The process began in November with viewers voting online at Sportsman’s website (www.thesportsmanchannel.com) for their favorite shows, moments, production and hosts. All shows and show hosts airing on the network in 2014 were eligible.
More than 42,000 viewers participated and more than 293,000 votes were cast in 11 different categories, setting an all-time record for Sportsman Choice Award viewer voting. The network also gave away four $250 gift cards from some of the most-respected outdoor stores in the industry.
The 2014 Sportsman Choice Award categories are: Best Hunting Show – Big Game; Best Hunting Show – Small Game; Best Shooting Show; Best Fishing Show; Best Full Draw Show (bowhunting); Best Educational/Instructional Show; Best Variety Show; Best Special Program; Best New Series and Best Show Host(s). Viewers also voted on the Shot of the Year award. This “moment” or sequence celebrates and honors the one moment that most exemplifies what is truly cherished about the outdoor lifestyle.
Finalists for the 2014 Sportsman Choice Awards are:
- Best Hunting Show/Big Game: Midwest Whitetail with Bill Winke, North American Whitetail, Pigman: The Series, Realtree’s Monster Bucks and The Western Hunter
- Best Hunting Show/Small Game: Avian-X, Dead Dog Walkin’, Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion, Predator Nation and Predator Quest
- Best Shooting Show: Guns & Ammo, Guns & Gear, Hot Shots, NRANews Cam & Co. and Ruger Inside and Out
- Best Fishing Show: Addictive Fishing, Alaska’s Fishing Paradise, Extreme Angler TV, In-Fisherman and Louisiana Outdoor Adventures
- Best Full Draw Show/Bowhunting: Bowhunter TV, Easton Bowhuning, Major League Bowhunter, Outback Outdoors and Relentless Pursuit
- Best Educational/Instructional Show: Bowhunter TV, Conquest 200, Major League Bowhunter, MeatEater and Midwest Whitetail with Bill Winke
- Best Special Program Show: Buck Knives – Edge of a Legend, Fred Bear: Father of Bowhunting, Hog Dawgs, Iditarod and Murph the Protector
- Best Variety Show: Brotherhood Outdoors, Gun It with Benny Spies, MeatEater, Meet the McMillans and The Outfitters Built by Ford F-Series
- Best New Series: Amazing America with Sarah Palin, Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion, Mathews Dominant Bucks, NRA Life of Duty and Winchester Deadly Passion
- Shot of the Year: Brad Farris Game Plan – Eye to Eye Bull, Larysa Unleashed – Fast Reflex Doe, Long Range Pursuit – High Country Elk, Pigman: The Series – Dead Locked and Relentless Pursuit – Flying Duck
- Best Overall Host(s): Benny Spies, Bill Winke, Brian “Pigman” Quaca, Jana Waller and Tim Wells
- Best Overall Production: Dropped: Project Alaska 2.0, Into High Country, MeatEater, Saving Private K-9 and YoungWild
- Best Commercial: Buck Knives (Rival Wild), Bushnell – TrophyCam Wireless, Danner (Pronghorn 2014), Duluth Trading Company and Yeti Coolers
- Best Show Intro: Gun It with Benny Spies, Hallowed Ground Outdoors, Pigman: The Series, The Western Hunter and YoungWild
- The 2014 Sportsman Choice Awards will be announced on January 21 at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas, NV.